Difference between professional and amateur carder

Brother

Professional
Reaction score
The predisposition to success is often accompanied by an irresistible desire to become a professional in the areas to which the person is involved. Even if it's just a hobby, those who achieve the best results try to surpass themselves every day. Everyone has a similar desire deep down, only some remain amateurs for life. Why is this happening and how to become a professional?

There is one skill that is so valuable that it will make you successful in any area of life, regardless of the competition that exists in it.

Every day at 8 am​

Todd Henry is a successful writer. A journalist once asked him, “Todd, what do you think about writing text only when a person feels motivated? For example, I feel like I always do my best when I have a spark of creativity or inspiration, but that only happens from time to time. I write when I like it, which means I'm inconsistent. What do you think about this?". He replied, “This is great. I also write only when motivated. The only difference is that I am motivated every day at eight in the morning. "

Difference between professional and amateur​

It doesn't matter what you're trying to get better at, but if you only do your job when you're motivated or inspired, you'll never be consistent and persistent enough to become a professional.

The ability to be assertive, stick to a schedule, and get the job done on a daily basis - especially when you don't feel the urge or inspiration - is so valuable that it's literally all you need to get better 99% of the time.

It’s very likely that you had this: you worked on schedule, stuck to the plan and finished the work with excellent marks, even if there were days when you were completely out of inspiration. However, for the next project, you were too lazy to create a plan and stick to a schedule. And everything went awry.

Difficulty being a professional​

Achieving goals, no matter how difficult, with the attitude of a professional is a difficult task. In fact, being a professional is hard.

We are inconsistent most of the time. We have goals that we would like to achieve and dreams that we would like to fulfill, but we only work on them occasionally.

Today we feel that we need to learn English and understand why we need it. But we wake up the next morning less determined. The goal can be postponed, there is no need to achieve right now. And we keep the status quo because it's easier that way. After a week, it becomes clear to us again that we need to learn the language, we even go through a couple of classes online. Then again there is no time, we reproach ourselves for indiscipline, get upset, give up. Finding inspiration and motivation can be our worst enemies if we do not understand the obvious: what is important must be done regardless of mood and desire.

When you choose any goal (even if it will be the dream of your whole life), you will work regularly, there will still be days, weeks and even months when you want to give up everything. There will come a period when you start asking yourself, “Why am I doing all this? What's the point of this?". This happens to everyone.

Therefore, being a professional is painful. At the first pain, the amator retreats and does something else. And the professional will endure the pain until the motivation, inspiration and desire come by themselves.

Professionals keep to schedules, amateurs let life get involved. Professionals know what is important to them, and work towards a specific goal, amateurs break off the course at the first difficulty.

You will never regret doing important work.​

Being a professional means having the discipline to do what is important to you, not just saying that something matters to you. It's about getting started despite feeling stuck and meaningless. Your goal is so important to you that you just keep working no matter what. This means making your priorities a reality, not just talking about them.

You will never regret doing an important task. Yes, you can see the mental barrier before starting work and never get down to it. But when you start, you feel that you are doing everything right.

Becoming a professional does not mean that you are a workaholic. This means that you know how to make time for what is important to you (especially if there is absolutely no desire), instead of playing the role of a victim and letting life lead you.

How to become a professional?​

Becoming a professional is not easy, but it is not unattainable either. Here are three steps to help you do this.

Decide what you want to be a professional at​

The goal is everything. If you know what you want, then getting it is much easier. It sounds corny, but even smart, creative and talented people rarely know what they are working for and why. If you have a goal, you will use all available means (and even obstacles) to reach it.

Set a schedule​

When you know what you want, set a schedule for the actual execution. Note: Don't make the mistake of focusing on results. Instead of "losing 5 kilograms," better decide when you will run and go to the gym.

Stick to your schedule for one week​

Stop thinking about how difficult it will be to follow a schedule for a month or a year. Just follow this week's schedule. For the next 7 days, don't allow yourself to be distracted. At the end of the week, schedule the next week.

We wish you good luck!