"We know how to use your money to grow"

Father

Professional
Reaction score
Bob:
A couple of years ago, my girlfriend took out a loan to play forex. I thought it was not difficult, so I hoped to repay everything quickly. Her mother made a scandal and refused to help, and I began to pay off the loan.
We were both students then, and I somehow coped with a loan with part-time jobs and a scholarship, but still, of course, it was very difficult, and I paid for a long time. As soon as I closed the loan and we decided to save money for the wedding - and then I found out that the bride got into Forex again.
For two years she continued to study the topic, and this time she already decided to act not by herself, but through the dealer's office. She registered on the site "with a license" and deposited $ 1500 as the minimum rate - just from the money that I put aside for the wedding. All of her transactions were handled by a broker, but she kept track of the money in her personal account, it seemed like it was getting more and more. She decided to withdraw a large amount - and after that one bad deal followed another.
We quarreled, the wedding was canceled, we hardly communicate, but we still have to get out somehow: this is my fault too. An acquaintance lawyer said that it was almost impossible to return the money - the brokerage office was registered in an offshore zone, the contacts of these dealers could no longer be found. A hopeless situation.

Financial Culture Expert:
This illegal forex is one of the types of fraud in the financial market. Formally, attackers can indeed perform brokerage functions, but their activities are not regulated by law. Such companies are usually registered offshore.

How to avoid becoming a victim of scammers?
  • If you nevertheless decide to play in the Forex market, carefully study the law and the "Basic standard of transactions in the financial market when carrying out the activities of a forex dealer".
  • Check the forex dealer you are going to work with - he must have a license. If the company is registered not in Russia, but in offshore zones, be wary: most likely, you are in front of scammers.
  • Consider whether you should start this risky venture. Perhaps you should start your journey as an investor on the stock exchange.

What if you are the victim of a scam?
  • Gather all the documents that you have: contracts concluded with a fraudulent intermediary, money transfer checks, take screenshots from the site - and write a statement to the police.
  • Report the incident to the Bank.