July 4 - Hackers Independence Day: Breach Nation is ready to replace the closed BreachForums

Father

Professional
Reaction score
USDoD – the new leader of the hacker community is coming out of the shadows.

After taking over the BreachForums infrastructure, the community is already beginning to discuss the creation of a new site. A popular hacker named USDoD announced the launch of Breach Nation on Twitter just 24 hours after a notice about the FBI site hijacking appeared on the BreachForums homepage.

USDoD announced the name of the new site and described its actions to restore the property of the hacker community. USDoD claims that since taking over BreachForums, it has "worked tirelessly on a new community project" involving managing two independent servers. According to USDoD, the new domains will be called breachnation[.] io and databreached[.io, and the launch is scheduled for July 4, 2024, which symbolically coincides with the US Independence Day.

In his lengthy post, USDoD also talked about his personal journey and motivations, mixed with personal resentments and a love of challenges.

"I'm here to lead, and whether you like it or not, I'm determined to succeed, even without the support of former staff. My goal is to revive the community and provide opportunities for everyone. I am not affiliated with the old employees, but I promise to work better and preserve the legacy. I don't care who heads the Justice Department or who is the director of the FBI. I'm focused on keeping the system up and running," USDoD noted.

At this time, rumors remain that Baphomet, who took over BreachForums after the Pompompurin founder was arrested in March 2023, is actually in the hands of federal authorities. Some users doubt the authenticity of the arrest, as there are no official statements from law enforcement agencies.

BreachForums administrator Pompompurin, known as Conor Brian Fitzpatrick of New York, was sentenced in January to 20 years of probation, sparking rumors of his cooperation with the FBI.

The Shiny Hunters group reported on May 16 that Baphomet's arrest led to the seizure of most of the FBI's BreachForums infrastructure. However, USDoD mentioned the group in a tweet, urging users to carefully weigh Shiny Hunters ' past work before making a decision. This refers to how Shiny Hunters revived BreachForums, which attracted new participants, and a little later the new site was hacked, and the data of more than 4,700 users was online.

ShinyHunters is a hacker group that specializes in stealing and selling user data from various websites and services. The group first came to attention in April 2020 and has since claimed responsibility for a number of high-profile data breaches, including Tokopedia, Wattpad, Pixlr, Bonobos, BigBasket, Mathway, Unacademy, MeetMindful, Microsoft's GitHub account, etc.

Industry experts believe that the new Breach Nation site may have a limited lifetime, but its operators and users will continue to appear under new names, creating just as much chaos in the online space.