admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jabber
[email protected]
Telegram
cardervip
What do i need to start making my own checks??

Laser Printer, Get a laser printer that MICR TONER is made for, I suggest buying a HP 1000,
you will only need to print the MICR line with the laser printer, the rest can be done with
a normal inkjet.

Check Stock, you can get all types of check stock, ones with watermarks, ones with designs,
blank ones,I would suggest going with blank stock and if you want designs of somesort do
it yourself later (Cost is around $30 for a set of stock)

MICR Toner, needed for your checks to be readle through readers/sorters (Costs around $80-$110)ad

Check Templates, You can create these in Adobe Photoshop for free, or you can get VersaCheck (or any other check software) and use some of there templates

Optional:

C80 or C82, use this for doing the check backgrounds or anything else that is needed in colour.

Check Writer, never had to need for this, i believe it embosses some sort of characters on the
check, maybe someone can fill me in??

1987 Hologram Baseball Cards, only needed if you gonna be doing Cashiers checks..

What does MICR stand for??

Magnetic Ink Character Recognition.

What is MICR and how does it work??

Banks and stores use the MICR line at the bottom of each check to help sort and read them. Since the
MICR line has to be magnetic for the sorter to read, MICR toner is crucial for printing in-house checks.
The MICR line should always be printed at the bottom of the check, It consists of numbers from 0-9
and 4 special symbols and indicate check serial number, the Federal Reserve District from which
the check should be cleared, account number, check number and amount of the check.

Is versaINK any good?

Versaink allows you to print the MICR line through a normal Ink Cartridge on a inkjet printer, i would suggest avoid using this as it can lead to problems of the MICR line not being readable
which you do not want to happen while your instore, also it has been known that the nozzles clog up very quickly and need constant maintenance, spend the extra $$ and get a laser printer and MICR toner.