What is WebMoney, how to create an electronic wallet and how to use it - detailed instructions for beginners

CarderPlanet

Professional
Reaction score
Webmoney, WMR, WMZ, WMID - what do all these abbreviations mean and how are they decrypted? How to create an electronic wallet and how to use it correctly? How can I transfer electronic money to other users? How to pay for phone, internet and other purchases? How to withdraw and / or cash out WebMoney profitably and with the lowest commission? Advantages and disadvantages of the system based on several years of personal use.

WebMoney is an electronic payment system where you can store virtual money and make payment transactions with it - pay for purchases, replenish your mobile phone account, pay taxes, buy games and much more.
WMR (stands for WebMoney RUB) is the title unit of the WebMoney system, which is the equivalent of the Russian ruble.
WMR-wallet is a wallet in the WebMoney system where WMR is stored and where various operations are performed with them (transfer, exchange, payment).
WMID (stands for WebMoney ID) is a unique identifier that consists of a 12-digit numerical sequence, which is the participant's address in the WebMoney system.
These and other terms will be discussed in more detail below.

Contents
  • 1 Briefly about the main
  • 2 Why do we need electronic money and wallets at all?
  • 3 How to create an electronic wallet WebMoney
    • 3.1 Method 1. Registration on the site from a computer
    • 3.2 Method 2. Registration on the site using a phone (we use a proprietary application)
  • 4 Toolkit WebMoney. What you need to know before getting started
    • 4.1 Briefly about the interface
    • 4.2 Create a Webmoney wallet
    • 4.3 What is WMID
    • 4.4 What currencies can you operate
    • 4.5 What is a WM-Passport, how to get it and what advantages does it provide
      • 4.5.1 Example of obtaining a Formal Passport
  • 5 What is Keeper
    • 5.1 Keeper Standart (Mini)
    • 5.2 Keeper WinPro (Classic)
    • 5.3 Keeper Mobile
    • 5.4 Keeper for social networks
    • 5.5 What is the difference between these programs, which is better?
  • 6 What is E-num, how to register in the service
    • 6.1 How to secure your account
  • 7 How to replenish your WebMoney account
    • 7.1 From phone number
    • 7.2 From bank account
    • 7.3 Cash (example of replenishment from a Sberbank ATM)
    • 7.4 From a bank card
  • 8 How to pay for a purchase on any site with WebMoney
  • 9 How to make a transfer
    • 9.1 To another WebMoney wallet
    • 9.2 To the wallet of another system (Yandex Money, Qiwi, etc.)
      • 9.2.1 How to make an exchange directly
      • 9.2.2 How to make an exchange through exchange sites
    • 9.3 To a bank card (to a bank account)
      • 9.3.1 Transfer to a bank card directly
      • 9.3.2 Transfer to a bank card via exchange sites
  • 10 How to convert currency
    • 10.1 Internal WebMoney exchanger
    • 10.2 Third Party Exchange Sites
  • 11 How to withdraw (cash out) funds
  • 12 About bank cards WebMoney
    • 12.1 How to get a plastic WebMoney card
    • 12.2 How to get a virtual Visa and MasterCard. Advantages and disadvantages
  • 13 Advantages and disadvantages of WebMoney. Personal experience of use
  • 14 Question - Answer
  • 15 Conclusion
According to statistics, as of November 2018, 37 million accounts were registered in the system, and about 10,000 registrations occur every day. The number of transactions (payments, transfers) carried out in the system exceeds 160 million!
The start of WebMoney is considered to be November 20, 1998 - it was then that the first successful transaction on the Internet was made. In our country, the WebMoney system is not officially registered as an electronic payment system. However, its popularity is confirmed by studies of the e-Finance User Index - about 35% of Runet users use WebMoney wallets.
So what is WebMoney? How to create an electronic wallet in this system? For what cases is it useful? How do I deposit and withdraw money? How do I pay for goods online? You will find the answers to these and other questions in this overview article. Together we will understand the operation of the system, and you will become confident users of an electronic wallet, even if this term is encountered for the first time.

Briefly about the main thing​

• WebMoney is an electronic payment system that allows you to carry out various operations on the Internet (replenishment, withdrawal, transfer of electronic money, payment for goods in an online store, etc.). You can operate in 11 currencies (rubles, dollars, euros and others).
  • WMR is the abbreviated name of the ruble purse in the WebMoney system, WMZ is the abbreviated name of the purse in dollars, WME is the abbreviated name of the purse in euros.
  • WebMoney is especially popular among freelancers and remote workers, as well as in various services that allow you to make money on the Internet.
  • WebMoney wallet can be replenished without commission through many banks, including Sberbank, Alfa-Bank, Tinkoff and others.
  • You can issue a plastic card (USD or EUR currency) to your webmoney wallet, as well as a virtual card in rubles, which can then be linked to Google Pay or Apple Pay. This will allow using the funds stored in the wallet to pay for various goods and services both on the Internet and in an offline store equipped with a banking terminal.
  • WebMoney can be withdrawn with a commission to other electronic wallets (Yandex. Money, Qiwi), to bank cards, bank accounts.
  • In the WebMoney system, you can borrow money.
  • The cheapest withdrawal of Webmoney to a Sberbank card by phone number (final commission 2%), and for those who do not have a Sberbank card, you can use this service (final commission 2.8%): https://telepay.webmoney.ru. It is difficult to find it in the system menu, so I pinned it here.

Why do you need e-money and wallets at all?​

I want to convey their essence by personal example. I was born in the small town of Neryungri and at the age of 15 had a fierce desire to earn money and help my family. But there was simply no work for a jerk like me! All I could do was write well and work hard.
So I came across a copywriting exchange on the Internet, where I could write texts on my favorite topics and sell for money. But to get the money I earned, I had to open an electronic wallet (WebMoney was the first), because the copywriting exchange paid rewards only to electronic wallets. As a result, I got a permanent income, and I could spend the money I received on online purchases or cash them out (read on how to cash out electronic money).

How to create an electronic wallet WebMoney​

Registering an electronic wallet is no different from registering on any website. It is enough to come up with a username, password and indicate a mobile phone. There are two ways to register: through a computer and through a mobile application on a smartphone. Let's take a closer look at both of these methods.

Method 1. Registration on the site from a computer​

Step 1. Go to the official WebMoney website and click on the "Register" button in the upper right corner:

Step 2. Immediately we will be asked to provide a phone number. You can't do without it. It is needed to confirm payments and recover account data. We select the telephone country code "Russia", indicate the phone number and enter the confirmation code shown in the picture:

Step 3. We confirm the phone number. It will receive an SMS from WebMoney with a verification code, which must be entered on the site:

Step 4. Create a password. Remember that this password is not from a site with pictures, but from an electronic wallet where the money will be stored, so come up with something non-trivial and complex, and do not forget to write it down. I recommend storing passwords in special programs such as KeePass or LastPass.

Everything! We have successfully registered with WebMoney. After entering the password, we will be transferred to the following page:

This is the start page and is blank. We still have to set up a profile, add a wallet, learn about a WM-passport ... More on this a little later, but for now we will consider the second option of registration - through a mobile application.

Method 2. Registration on the site using a phone (we use a proprietary application)​

The WebMoney mobile application is called WebMoney Keeper. It is downloaded for free in application stores (on Android in the Play Market , on iOs in the App Store ).

Links to application pages can also be found on the main page of the WebMoney website.

After installation, the WebMoney icon will appear in the menu.

Let's start registering in the application. The steps do not differ from the registration in the desktop version. After entering the application, click "Join":

We indicate the phone number, confirm it with the code in the picture.

We make another confirmation of the phone number, this time using the verification code from the SMS.

Create a password.

At the final stage of registration, we will be offered to make a couple of quick settings. Come up with a password for the application, enable notifications about operations, and more.

An access code is needed as additional protection. At this stage, you can skip it and set it later, if required.
The mobile version looks almost the same as the computer version:

WebMoney Toolkit. What you need to know before getting started​

In this paragraph, we will look at the main WebMoney tools - we will learn how to add a wallet with different currencies, how to find out its number to use for payments, why I recommend getting a personal passport and what kind of annoying E-Num is.
We will consider the functionality in the browser version.

Briefly about the interface​

The main WebMoney menu (in the address bar www.webmoney.ru) looks like this.

There are few functions here. What we see:
  • At the top in the center are the blocks "About the system", "Individuals", "For business", "Help". This is something like the local "Wikipedia", which contains all the information about the system. For example, in the "Help" section, you will see the following items:
  • There are two blocks in the center: "Operations" and "Services". They display the main frequently used functions, to which you can navigate in one click. For example, the button "Replenish" will take us to the page with replenishment of the wallet balance.

This information is available on the main page. But the main work takes place on the page with the wallet (we will work with it in the following paragraphs). To enter your wallet, you need to find the inscription "WMID" with numbers in the upper right corner (you will find out what it is in the next paragraph):

We click on it, after which a small menu will appear. To go to the wallet, click on the wallet symbol, next to which some numbers flaunt (this is still the same WMID):

As a result, we get to the main working page with wallets (in the address bar https://wallet.webmoney.ru):

There are several sections here. On the "Main" page, you will see information about available wallets, transfer history, buttons with operations, and more. Simply put, it is a quick access bar.
Let's take a look at "Payment for services". Here you will find a list of various operations that can be performed using the WebMoney wallet: mobile communications, transfer to a card, games, the Internet, social networks, utilities, loan repayments, transport, food and more.

In the "Chats" you will see system messages, and you can also write to other WebMoney members (for this you need to know their WMID). This is just a chat where you can ask friends to throw money or ask how they are doing:

Completed payment transactions are displayed in the "History of Transactions":

In More, you will see additional sections:
  • Contacts. You can specify the person's WMID, and he will be in your Contacts. It's easier to make transfers and send messages this way;
  • Market. WebMoney digital store, which contains: "Games", "Prepaid cards", "E-books", "Programs";
  • Ask a Question. When you go to the section, you will be transferred to the "Chats" to technical support;
  • Loans. Here you can apply for a loan.

Also on the right there are barely noticeable "three dots" that hide an extremely important item - "Settings":

Let's take a look inside:

The following subsections are found here:
  • Linked accounts of social networks and not only (Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki, Yandex, Facebook). The binding makes it easier to log into the system: you can log in through the social network without a username and password;
  • Security. Here you can change your password;
  • Restrictions. You can configure the acceptance of payments and messages from unauthorized correspondents (on / off). The function is relevant in the process of buying and selling goods and services. For example, a merchant might prohibit “accidental” payments from buyers. Random payments are payments made by mistake. Read more about this here ;
  • Applications. A summary of the applications used (for example, if you have the WebMoney mobile application installed, it will be displayed in this subsection);
  • Interface. Settings for visual interface elements (default currency, tooltips, and more);
  • Notifications. Setting sound notifications (on / off). For example, notifications about transfers, messages. You can turn the sound on or off.

Also, the system has a very hidden section "Passport", which I could not access from the main page with wallets. It is located at this link and will be useful to us for further settings.

In the "Control Panel" you will see basic information about the profile - mobile phone, E-mail, nickname and more. In the section "Obtaining a passport" there is information about what a passport is and how to get it (although we will do it all in the example below). Help has answers to frequently asked questions.

Create a Webmoney wallet​

To create a wallet, you need to go to the page with it.

Step 1. Click on the "+ add" block on the "Main":

Step 2. When pressed, a small menu will drop out with a proposal to create a wallet, attach other systems and manipulate cards. We need a section "Create a wallet" (1). After clicking on it, you are prompted to select the wallet currency. To create a ruble wallet, select WMR (2).

Step 3. Confirm the agreement:

Ready! It took us three steps to create a ruble WebMoney wallet, which is abbreviated as WMR. It will be displayed in the block with which we started:

As a result, we get a 12-digit individual wallet number: R207033756796. We will use it in the future for replenishment, payment on sites, transfers.
Life hack:
you can copy the wallet number with one click of the mouse. To do this, put the cursor on the wallet, and in the window that appears, click on the "Copy to clipboard" button.

What is WMID​

Not to be confused with the wallet number! WMID (English WebMoney identifier) is an identifier (address) of the participant in the form of a numerical sequence of 12 digits. Each participant has his own, it is impossible to confuse. One WMID can have several purses (WMR, WMZ, WME, etc.), but not vice versa. You can find out your WMID in the upper right corner:

WMID is not classified information. It is used for various purposes, for example:
  • Authorization on the site (instead of a login, you can use a WMID);
  • To check the certificate. Situation: you have contacted the person from whom you want to buy goods "from hand", but he asks to make an advance payment to the WebMoney wallet. You can ask for his WMID and check here if there are any complaints about him and make sure that he is not a fraud. What is a passport and how to identify a fraudster by it - read below in the section “What is a WM-passport, how to get it and what advantages it gives”.
  • To send messages via WM-mail;
  • To send / receive WebMoney accounts and so on.

That is, roughly speaking, this is your login in the system. And it cannot be used as a props for transactions with funds! For example, if you plan to make a transfer to another person, then you will need to specify his wallet number, not WMID.

What currencies can you operate​

By analogy with WMR, wallets in other currencies are created. Let me remind you that on one account you can create 11 wallets with different currencies!
Each wallet has its own abbreviation (it is also called "Title unit").
Designation table:

IDentifierDecryptionCurrency
WMRR type walletRussian rubles
WMZZ type walletU.S. dollars
WMEE type walletEuro
WMUU type walletUkrainian hryvnia
WmkK type walletKazakhstani tenge
WMBType B walletBelorussian rubles
WmgType G walletGold
WMVV type walletVietnamese dongs
WmxType X walletBitcoins (funds equivalent to 0.001 BTC are displayed on the wallet)
WmhType H walletBitcoin BCH (0.001 BCH)
WMLL-type walletLitecoin LTC (0.001 LTC)
Special types of wallets
WmdType D walletAccounting for loans issued
WMCType C walletCredit liabilities

What is a WM-Passport, how to get it and what advantages it gives​

Okay, the wallet has been created, now you can go shopping on the Internet? Yes, but I do not advise you to rush, as there are restrictions on the newly created account, which are determined by the passport.
WebMoney passport is a digital ID, a "passport" of a WebMoney system participant. There are 4 levels:
  • Alias. Assigned to all newly registered participants;
  • Formal;
  • Elementary;
  • Personal.

The higher the level, the more confidence the user has in the system, and the wider are his opportunities on the site. Below in the pivot table you will find the differences between different passports.
Passport, Keeper, WMID, WMR ... how many new terms, you can get confused. For the sake of fairness, it should be noted that Webmoney is a very complex system and even to me, an experienced user, it still causes a lot of inconvenience.
So that you do not get confused, I will give such a hierarchy so that it is clear which of the terms is more important and what follows what:

As you can see from the figure, each person can receive one certificate. You can bind several WMIDs to it. And on each WMID, you can create several different wallets linked to any currency. The creation and management of wallets takes place in the Keeper program.
How can I find out my passport? This can be easily seen in the profile. To do this, click on the "wasp" icon, which is located above the blocks with wallets:

The information is also displayed on the main page of the WebMoney website (not on the page with wallets):

What you can do with the "Pseudonym" passport wallet:
  • Make transfers within the system, that is, from one webmoney wallet to another;
  • Top up wallets with cash only;
  • Pay for utilities and online purchases;
  • Pay for mobile services;
  • Exchange an identifier of one type for another (for example, WMZ for WMR);
  • To correspond;
  • Pay and write invoices.

Comparison table of passport capabilities:
Criterion \ CertificateAliasFormalElementaryPersonal
Settlements with other users++++
Limit of expense transactions per day (rubles)15.00060.000900.0009.000.000
Maximum amount of funds on 1 wallet (rubles)45.000200.000900.0009.000.000
Replenishment of a wallet using terminals, postal order, bank payment-+++
Withdrawal through exchange offices or bank payment-+++

I have given a few basic features, you can find a complete list at this link.
How to raise the level of the certificate? If you are going to work with a WebMoney wallet, replenish it from cards, transfer earned money to it on the Internet - it is recommended to get at least a "Formal" level.
To get the "Formal" level , you need to provide your passport data at this link. Issued free of charge in 5 minutes.

You can get the "Initial" level in the following ways:
  • Make an application on the website of the State Service. Detailed instructions. Free service. I recommend this method.
  • At one of the personalizers. To do this, you need to personally meet with the person who will give you the status. The service is paid, in Russia - from $ 5 to $ 100. To get it, you need to find your city in this list and click "Details" to get contacts for communication. A dreary way, also paid - I do not recommend;
  • Checking the video. You need to record a video in a special WebMoney service VideoID and show the spread of your passport, and read the text of the "Liability Agreement" aloud. Cost - $ 6. Page to write.

You can get the "Personal" level in the following ways:
  • At one of the registrars. Just like with the personalizers, which I wrote about above - we select a person from this list and contact him (only one registrar located in Moscow accepts notarized documents by mail, in other cases the certificate is obtained at a personal meeting) The cost of the service in Russia - from $ 10 to $ 50.
  • At the center of certification. The certification center has offices in Russia (only Moscow and St. Petersburg), Vietnam and Belarus. You need to contact them or send a statement by mail, certified by a notary. The service is chargeable. Office addresses .

You can start the procedure for obtaining the Formal Passport on this page .

Note: if you are registered on the State Service website, you can log in through it by pressing a special button. In this case, you will not need to enter your passport data, and the procedure for obtaining a new level of certificate will be significantly accelerated.
Consider the option of completely filling all the data:
Step 1. Click on "Continue" and then fill in the data fields. Example:

Step 2. Fill in additional data (optional step). However, I recommend specifying the TIN - this will speed up the process of obtaining a certificate. Without a TIN, you will have to wait until the scan of your passport is verified with the data provided.

Step 3. Uploading a scanned passport page with a photo and signature. You can take a picture or use a scanner. You need to download the document from your computer.

After downloading, you will need to select the type of document:

If everything is selected correctly, the following message will appear:

Now what? You can find out if you have received the Formal Passport by going back to the page that I pointed to at the beginning of the paragraph (this page). We will move to the "Control Panel" section, where below we will see the entered data and the status of the certificate:

There was no need to wait for the passport scan to be checked, since the check took place through the TIN. As you can see, we now have a Formal Passport! Agree, it is not so difficult to get it.
Additionally, it displays what else you can do. From all this, I recommend "Check email address" and "Set an answer to security question for WMID" for greater security.

What is Keeper​

There are several different programs for managing your wallets in the Webmoney system. All of them are united by the common name Keeper, which translates as Keeper. In our case, the Keeper of electronic money.
In the Keeper program, you will perform all operations: transfer money, pay for services, view payment history, etc.
It is convenient for someone to work through a browser without installing anything on a computer. Some people, on the contrary, find it more convenient to install the Keeper on a PC. Someone works exclusively through a smartphone.
I used to have a computer version, but it requires a special key to work, which can be obtained on the WebMoney website. Once I needed to reinstall the Windows system, and the keys, apparently, are tied to the hardware and operating system. In general, the old key was not suitable for the program to work, and it needed to be restored. But it turned out to be such a tricky operation that I abandoned it and since then I have been using the web version of Keeper Standard (Mini), and also installed Keeper Mobile on my phone.
Let's consider each version in more detail.

Keeper Standart (Mini)​

Browser version of the keeper. In this article, most of the screenshots were taken from this version. Available by default in all browsers (including mobile). That is, to enter Keeper Standart, you do not need to install / go anywhere.
Keeper WebPro (Light)

Attention! To access WebPro (Light), you need to re-register.
Browser version with advanced features. To get into it, you need to use your username and password and follow this link.

What's possible in Keeper WebPro:
  • Creation of any new wallet (for example, ruble, even if it has already been opened);
  • More convenient display of wallets (+ for convenience);
  • Improved security (three ways to log in to the system are supported: through login and password, using a security certificate and using E-Num);
  • Can be combined with Keeper Mobile and Keeper WinPro.

I've never had a need for a WebPro, and judging by the comments from users, Pro and Mini are not that different.

Keeper WinPro (Classic)​

You can download the program on this page (only for Windows operating systems).
Its interface looks like this:

That is, it is a common program for a computer, from which you can manage wallets (replenish, transfer money).
Attention! To enter through the WinPro (Classic) program, you need:
  1. Obtain a Formal Passport (see the example of obtaining above);
  2. Re-register .
For the operating system Mac OS X (Apple computers), a special program has been developed based on this version. You can download it at this link .

Keeper mobile​

Mobile application for managing wallets. We partially covered it above when we registered via phone. You can download the version for your operating system (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry) in the official store or on this page:

Keeper for social networks​

Application for social networks Facebook, VKontakte, Odnoklassniki. To install, you must click on the desired social network button on this page. An example of launching an application:

What is the difference between these programs, which is better?​

Mostly I have always used Keeper Starndart (Mini). However, acquaintances advise me to try other versions, and I wondered: what, in fact, is the difference? Which one is more convenient?
Having studied their capabilities, I made a table where I highlighted the features of each Keeper. I hope I can help you make your choice!

Keeper Standart (Mini)Keeper WebPro (Light)Keeper WinPro (Classic)Keeper mobile
Supported operating systemsWindows, Linux, Mac, Java MIDP 2.0, Windows Mobile, Symbain, Java MIDP 2.0, iOs, Android, Windows PhoneWindows, Linux, Mac, Android, iOsWindowsWindows Mobile, Symbain, Java MIDP 2.0, iOs, Android
SafetyPassword login, SSL certificate, E-NUM, SMS activation, captchaKey file, SSL certificate, IP restriction, ENUM, SMS activation, captchaPassword login, key file, SSL certificate, IP restriction, ENUM, SMS activation, binding to equipment, captchaPassword login, SSL certificate, SMS activation,
Supported functionsTransfer of funds (+ protection by code / time), invoicing, payment of invoices, secure correspondenceTransfer of funds (+ protection by code / time), invoicing, payment of invoices, secure correspondence, credit transactionsTransfer of funds (+ protection by code / time), invoicing, payment of invoices, secure correspondence, credit transactionsTransfer of funds (+ protection by code / time), invoicing, payment of invoices, secure correspondence

As you can see, significant differences are observed in security. The safest option is WM Keeper WinPro, in second place is WM Keeper WebPro, in third place is WM Keeper Standart, and an outsider is WM Keeper Mobile. Keeper functions are practically the same.

What is E-num, how to register in the service​

E-num is an additional protection so that some scammers or hackers don't steal your money. Let's draw an analogy with a bank card: when you pay for purchases on the Internet with a card, then to confirm the operation you need to enter the code that comes to your phone via SMS. It is also necessary to confirm transactions in WebMoney. This can be done via SMS. Paid service - 1.5 rubles. for each message. E-num is a free alternative to text messages.
What can you do if you are registered in the E-Num system:
  • registration / authorization in the WebMoney system;
  • additional secure login method;
  • confirmation of payment for services, transfer of funds and other operations.

How to register in the E-num service? To do this, you need to have:
  • email;
  • cell phone number;
  • one of the devices: tablet or smartphone (Android, iOs, Windows Phone, BlackBerry).

There are several ways to register:
  1. On the website E-num . Detailed instructions are here;
  2. In the E-num application, the client;
  3. Automatically, when installing the WebMoney mobile application (or logging into it from the phone);
  4. Automatically, upon authorization on the system sites or confirmation of payment.
Let's check this thing to see if it works.

How it looks in theory:
  1. When making a transfer on the website page or in the WebMoney program, the participant sees the number-question;
  2. Launches the E-Num or WebMoney Keeper application on the phone and enters the question number. After receiving the number-answer;
  3. Returns to the site or WebMoney program and enters the number-answer in a specific field.
How it looks in practice:
As a test operation, I transfer money to another wallet. As a confirmation of the operation, I am offered to choose two methods, we need an E-Num:

Next, we get to a page with a question number. You can also use a QR code:

We move to the WebMoney Keeper mobile application, which was discussed at the beginning of the article. In the "More" section, look for "E-NUM":

We select the option "Code Scanning":

We scan it using a smartphone camera:

Enter the application password (or use the fingerprint verification function, if your phone has one):

And as a result, we get the number-answer:

Which you need to enter in the "Number-answer" box on the site where I started to carry out the operation:

For a beginner, all this may seem too complicated. I completely agree with you, as I already noted, WebMoney is a confused system, but over time you quickly get used to it. In this bundle, you can't do without a smartphone. On the other hand, this is security, so it's better this way than once discovering a donut hole in your e-wallet.

How to secure your account​

Like a cash wallet, a WebMoney account needs to be protected. The Security service will help you with this.

Let's take a look at the "Protection" section.

There are the following sections:
  • Confirmations. You can customize the way transactions are confirmed;
  • IP addresses. Information about the IP addresses from which the account was logged in;
  • Activation.Needed to activate the WinPro program;
  • PhotoID.This is a service where you can upload your photo for identification purposes. So WebMoney will have more confidence in you, which will simplify some operations (restoring access to your account, changing your mobile phone);
  • Security Question. Another security measure. You can select a security question and ask an answer for it.

The next section is "Control Methods". Here you will see what types of Keeper are connected to your account.

What is highlighted in green is active. What is grayed out is not connected.
Last but not least is the Power of Attorney. You can create a list of trusted WMIDs, as well as set operations through the "Trust setup":

This section is relevant for entrepreneurs and businesses, where the owner makes a power of attorney to his accountant to make transfers to someone (counterparties, employees, clients).
After lengthy settings, we still got to work with the wallet. In this section, we will figure out how to replenish the wallet, buy something with it, make a transfer and withdraw money.

How to fund your WebMoney account​

To replenish WebMoney, you need to click on the desired one on the page with wallets:

After that, a window will appear with this wallet, where there is a button "Replenish":

We press on it. A menu opens, in which there are the main ways to replenish the wallet.

The first four methods of replenishment are the main ones, and we will consider each one below.
Note: You can get full background information on WebMoney replenishment on the main page of the site. It has a button "Top up", which we need to click:

And we will see information on how to replenish a wallet of any currency and in what ways. For example, when choosing "Cash" we will be shown where the nearest ATMs are.

From phone number​

We select the "From phone" option:

We indicate the amount and click "OK":

As a result, an SMS with a confirmation code will come, and after entering it, the following message will appear:

The method is fast enough and without commissions.

From a bank account​

When you select this option, several deposit options will appear. As an example, I will choose "Through Sberbank Online":

We select the required amount and click on "Order":

As a result, we will be redirected to a page with instructions for replenishment.

You can choose the method from the mobile application or the desktop version of Sberbank Online. I choose the second one, for this I go to the Sberbank Online website, having previously logged in, and look for the "Transfers and Payments" section:

In the "Payment for services and purchases" window, enter WebMoney:

We select WebMoney, enter the details, as indicated in the instructions:

We confirm the payment by phone, return to that page and update it (!). As a result, we see that the operation was successful:

On the WebMoney website with wallets, we see that the account status has changed, and a corresponding entry has appeared in the "New transactions" column:

In the process of replenishment, this method seemed complicated to me. Why transfer money to your left account if you can directly specify your wallet in the application or on the Sberbank website? In this case, there will be no commissions! This will simplify the replenishment process.

Cash (example of replenishment from a Sberbank ATM)​

Nothing fancy - for this we need to find an ATM that accepts transfers to e-wallets. This is what the system shows on the map of Vladivostok:

Unfortunately, he did not find anything in the area of my university. However, I can top up using a Sberbank ATM, but from a bank card.
In the ATM we find the option "payments" and look for "electronic payments", and then follow my instructions.

The WebMoney system is quite widespread, so this ATM has it. We enter the wallet number (note that it must start with the letter R, but for some reason this letter was not in my ATM) and the amount.

It remains only to confirm the payment.

Commission 0 rub.

From a bank card​

We select the item "From a bank card".

We take the card in hand, fill in the data from it in the fields on the site:

Pay attention to the commission.

When replenishing from any card for an amount less than 2800 rubles. the commission is 50 rubles, higher - no commission. Not the most comfortable conditions, you must agree. Especially when you are trying to top up 100 rubles.
Please note: if the card does not have the 3-D Secure function, then the payment will not work (an error will occur).
If everything is okay, you will receive a code on the phone linked to the card, which must be entered to confirm the operation. And as a result, the wallet will be replenished with the specified amount.
As you understand, it makes no sense to throw small amounts in this way - you will lose more on the commission.

How to pay for a purchase on any site with WebMoney​

Now there is a certain amount on the wallet, which means you can go shopping! I love video games, and I want to buy some simple one. Having decided on the site and the game, when placing an order in the "Payment" column, I choose the WebMoney method:

After clicking on it, we are redirected to the system's website, where we are offered to confirm the payment in two ways: 1) by SMS (additional 1.5 rubles are charged) or 2) E-num (free). Since we have already considered the example of replenishing the wallet above and chose E-num as confirmation, now I will show you how to confirm transactions using SMS messages.

It remains to confirm the payment with the code:

Everything! The item was paid for using WebMoney.

This way you can pay for goods, services, and more. The process is quick and easy.

How to make a transfer​

To another WebMoney wallet​

To do this, you will need the wallet number of the person to whom you wish to transfer.
Select the button "Transfer" on the page with wallets:

We fill in the appeared form.

What to look for here:
1) In the "To" field, you can specify both the recipient's wallet number and his e-mail (must be linked to WebMoney) or WMID;
2) In the "Transfer type" field, you can select three options: regular and with protection by code or by time.
  • With protection of the transaction by code - means that your transfer will be protected by a special code that will be visible only to you. For the other party to receive money, she must enter this code. This is a measure in case you are not sure about the recipient's details.
  • With the protection of the transaction by time, the addressee does not need to specify the code; the transfer will be made after the expiration of the time specified by the sender.

At the next step, we confirm the transfer using E-num or via SMS.

Everything! The transfer is completed, the recipient will display the following operation.

To a wallet of another system (Yandex Money, Qiwi, etc.)​

Funds from WebMoney can be transferred to the wallets of the following systems:
  • Yandex money;
  • QIWI;
  • PayPal.

But for the exchange to be successful, you need to link the wallet of the desired system to WebMoney.

About linking wallets
Let's say we need to link Yandex.Money and WebMoney. What we need:
  • Have a Yandex.Money account. It must necessarily have a nominal or identified status. How to do this - read the article What is Yandex.Money, how to create a Yandex.Wallet and how to use it .
  • Have a WebMoney status of at least formal (I showed how to get it using the example above).

If you have two verified wallets, you can link them accordingly. Unfortunately, I cannot show by personal example, because they are already attached to me, but WebMoney has compiled a cool step-by-step instruction with pictures on this issue. You can read it here.
After linking, you will have a wallet of the following type.

How to make an exchange
After linking, you can replenish wallets from one to another in the following ways:
  1. Directly;
  2. Through exchange sites.

How to exchange directly​

Direct transfer involves sending money using the built-in function of the system. For example, we want to transfer money from WebMoney to Yandex. To do this, click on the wallet that appears and select "Top up from wallet".

I transferred 100 rubles, and they successfully reached Yandex.Money.

If you transfer from WebMoney to Yandex, no commission is charged (to my surprise), but if in the opposite direction, then get ready to donate 3% of the transfer amount.

How to make an exchange through exchange sites​

The Bestchange site will help us with this . This is an aggregator site with all exchangers where you can exchange WebMoney for anything:
  • Other e-wallets (Yandex, Qiwi, PayPal, Payeer)
  • Internet banking (Sberbank, Tinkoff, Alfa-Bank, etc.)
  • Cryptocurrency;
  • Money transfer systems (Western Union, Unistream, Zolotaya Korona, etc.);
  • Cash.

From the pros of Bestchange:
  • Convenient exchange calculator, shows the total amount, taking into account commissions;
  • Reviews for each exchanger, this reduces the risk of running into scammers, but does not give 100% guarantees of reliability;
  • Alert system - if the exchange is not in a hurry, but a profitable rate is extremely important, then you can send a notification, and you will receive interesting options in your mail;
  • Sometimes you can find options when you are paid extra for an exchange, we will consider this option below.

Let's say I want to transfer WebMoney rubles (WMR) to Yandex.Wallet. On this site, on the right, I select the appropriate currencies and see a list of exchangers that can provide this service.

The top position is occupied by the site with the most profitable rate. Please note that the minimum transfer amount is written in the “Forwarding” column. I click on the option that suits me and go to the page where you need to fill in the details and indicate the amount of the transfer.

Next, I confirm the operation as usual.

Usually, such sites process applications automatically, and money instantly comes to the account.

As you can see from the example, we paid 6,800 rubles. from your WebMoney wallet, and got even more on Yandex Wallet - 6854.82. The exchanger paid us 54.82 rubles. The question is, why did he do it? Where is the logic? It's simple, sometimes in some exchangers a lot of a particular currency accumulates, while some other may not be enough. Therefore, exchangers make a discount, which will then be returned back at the exchange of another pair of currencies.
If you start earning a lot of web money, then on Bestchange you can find interesting exchange options in order to cash out the money later with a profit for yourself.

To a bank card (to a bank account)​

You can transfer funds either to a bank card or to a bank account using full details. This is also done in two ways:
  1. Directly from WebMoney;
  2. Through exchange sites.

Transfer to a bank card directly​

Below, under the wallets, select the option "To a bank card", then - the currency:

Enter the card number and amount (pay attention to the limits).

Transfer to a bank card (or account) is carried out by creating an application and choosing an executor. In practice, it looks like this: first, we fill out an application, where we indicate the amount of transfer, from which wallet, to which card and through which bank.

Note: a transfer to a bank account is carried out in a similar way, but there is a slightly different type of application.

When the application is completed, click on "Submit application" at the bottom of the page.

We confirm.

Next, a list of available offers from other persons will appear that can transfer to a bank card.

You can choose one of them (differ in commission and banks) or create your own application, which you filled out above (the "Create application" button at the bottom of the page). In order to speed up this process, I choose the topmost option (the most profitable).
Fill in the data again.

We confirm the operation by SMS code.

Everything! Now it remains to wait for the second party to transfer money to us on the card.

Unlike transferring to other wallets, the local function of transferring money to the card is, well, too dreary and confusing (+ high commission). I will not use this method and would rather turn to BestChange, everything is much simpler there and the commissions are lower.
The translation came quickly, literally in an hour. The person transferred money to my Sberbank card through Tinkoff Bank, and also sent a chat message next to the application.

Please note: WebMoney has a famously hidden function of transferring to a card, which I stumbled upon by accident: https://telepay.webmoney.ru/ru/cards
What is the point - just drive in the card number, indicate the amount and send it to the card.

There are two main translation options here:
  • With a commission of 2.5% + 40 rubles. per operation (the limit on the transfer amount is 14.500 rubles, if you need more, then just make several transfers);
  • With a commission at a reduced rate of 2% (limit on the amount up to 90,000 rubles).

Naturally, we will consider the second option, since it is more profitable.

Transfer to a bank card through exchange sites​

On the BestChange website, select a bank in the “Receive” column (for example, “Sberbank”).

Next, select the appropriate site.

And just like when transferring to other electronic systems, we fill out an application, indicating the details and amount.

We pay for the application and wait for the money to be credited to the card. Lead time depends on the bank. For example, when transferring to Sberbank, money went on average 1-3 days.
If you want to transfer money to a bank card, then this method is the best choice. The minimum commission (0.8% - the built-in WebMoney commission + about 0.5% the commission of the service itself (set by the administration)), the ease of creating an application is in every way better than the built-in WebMoney function.

How to convert currency​

In WebMoney, you can operate with several currencies at the same time, and sometimes you need to convert one to another. This will help us:
  1. Internal exchanger WebMoney;
  2. Third party exchange sites.
Let's convert rubles (WMR) to dollars (WMZ).

Internal exchanger WebMoney​

Select the WMR wallet and click on the button with two arrows (exchange).

Choosing currencies. We give WMR and receive WMZ. With this translation, the rate is 1 WMZ = 68.97 WRM (needed for further comparison).

If everything is ready, click on "Ok" and confirm the operation in the next window.

The status of the wallets has changed, and a corresponding entry has appeared in the "New operations" column.

Third party exchange sites​

We visit the BestChange website and select the convertible currencies. On exchange sites, you can choose only three currencies - WMR, WMZ, WMU.

And get acquainted with the tariffs (compare with what I have highlighted above). There are two options:
  • If the tariff on the site is lower than on the official exchanger, then it is better to use it. As you can see, on the "Exchange" website the rate is 0.37 rubles lower, so when exchanging currency I will choose it;
  • If it is higher, it is logical to use the official exchanger.

Currency exchange on such sites does not differ from what I described earlier. We also fill in the fields, indicating the details and amount, and confirm the payment.

How to withdraw (cash out) funds​

I work on the Internet, and part of my salary comes to WebMoney. But in order to use electronic money in real life, I have to withdraw it. There are several ways to withdraw, and we will cover each in this paragraph.
Let's say we want to withdraw WMR rubles. Select the appropriate wallet, and in the window that appears, click on "Withdraw".

Next, a drop-down menu will appear with the output methods.

What we have:
  • To a bank card / account. You can transfer webmoney to any card or bank account, and then cash out from there through an ATM or pay for purchases with a card.
  • To an electronic wallet. See the item "To the wallet of another system" above. How do I do - I transfer WebMoney to Yandex.Money, and in the future I use a Yandex.Money card to cash out at ATMs or to pay through terminals in stores. What is Yandex.Map, you can learn from the article What is Yandex.Money, how to create a Yandex.Wallet and how to use it.
  • Buy a prepaid card. This option will take us to the internal WebMoney store (market), which I mentioned at the beginning of the article. That is, it is proposed to convert money into some virtual product (games, e-books, programs, etc.). You can also convert rubles to a card, but the rates here are extremely unprofitable.

They also offer additional methods:

Find places nearby
If you choose this method, a page with reference information about various WebMoney points (exchanger, post offices, replenishment / withdrawal points) in Russian cities will open.

When you click on "Withdrawal points" you will see the addresses of these points and what you can do. For instance.

At this point, you can withdraw WMR, WME, WMZ in cash, but with a commission. Unfortunately, such places are not available in all cities of Russia, mainly in Moscow and St. Petersburg.

Other methods
When you click on this button, you will see a list of all withdrawal methods:

And this is just a list of ways, some of which I described above. The whole point of previously unconsidered methods (Money Transfer, Bank Transfer, Postal Transfer) comes down to simple filling out an application. For example, for Postal Order, the application looks like this:

Which withdrawal method is more profitable?
I decided to take out all the ways to display them in a separate table and compare the commission:
WayCommission
To a bank card / accountFrom 2% without intermediaries, from 7% with intermediaries
To the Yandex.Money electronic walletDirectly - no commission. They can also pay you extra through exchangers.
Postal transferRUB 55 + 2%
Through exchange officesVaries depending on the item, on average 2-3%

I withdraw money via Yandex Card. Through the exchanger I transfer them to Yandex.Wallet, and already with the help of the card I withdraw from the ATM. You can withdraw from Yandex.Cards up to 10,000 rubles per month without commissions. With the rest of the money I pay for goods and purchases, while receiving cashback. In my opinion, this is the most profitable way.

About bank cards WebMoney​

As in any bank, on the WebMoney website you can order the issue of a debit card and use it in everyday life: withdraw money from an ATM, pay for purchases in stores, and so on. The WebMoney Cards service is responsible for this .

On the WebMoney website you can order:
  1. Debit (plastic) card;
  2. A virtual card (it can be linked to Apple pay or Google pay and pay for any purchases in stores).

How to get a plastic WebMoney card​

Unfortunately, it is not very profitable for Russian WebMoney users to get a plastic card, because it operates with dollars (USD) and euros (EURO), and not with rubles.

At the time of this writing, the service produces the following plastic cards:
  • PaySaprk USD MasterCard (replenishment from WMZ wallet, currency - dollars);
  • PaySpark EUR MasterCard (top-up from WME wallet, currency - euro).

You can order such a card using this link. However, you must fulfill certain conditions, namely:
  1. Have at least a formal passport;
  2. Upload utility bill.
If you have not done something, the service will remind you of this.

If everything is ok, you will be prompted to choose a card and fill out an application. Delivery is carried out by post. Please note that the issuance fee is $ 12 .
As a result, you will receive an envelope with a card and activation instructions. After activation, the card will be displayed in your WebMoney, and you can replenish it from other wallets and convert currency if necessary.

How to get a virtual Visa and MasterCard. Advantages and disadvantages​

If plastic cards are not very convenient for Russian WebMoney members, then a virtual card solves this problem. It provides the full functionality of a plastic card, but is securely stored on the Internet. The virtual card also has a number, expiration date and cvv code. It can be used both for payments on the Internet and for contactless payments in offline stores.
There is only one card available - KKB Virtual (currency - rubles, replenishment from a WMR wallet). Getting it is quite simple - let's look at an example.
For registration, go to the WebMoney Cards service, select "Virtual cards" -> "Order a card".

On the next page, put a checkmark in front of two items (1) and click "Confirm" (2). Please note that your ruble account must have 50 rubles (commission for issuing a card, further servicing is free).

We pay for the card like any other purchase.

Immediately after payment in the WebMoney Cards service, your virtual card will appear in the "My cards / orders" section.

But it takes a little time (1-2 minutes) for it to activate. The process is automatic. After refreshing the page, we will receive an activated card.

Which has a 16-digit number, like the physical medium. The card details will be additionally sent in an SMS message to your number.

When you click on the stripes on the right, additional options will appear.

What's interesting here:
  • Operation history - card credits / expenses;
  • Withdraw to wallet - transfer of funds from a card to a WMR wallet;
  • Requisites (number, validity period);
  • Code word. Additional protection for the card. By default, the code word is a set of numbers, but you can come up with your own combination or word;
  • Do not display in the keeper. Hide the map display in the Keeper program for a computer or phone.

Now, if you look into the WebMoney application for your phone, you will find the card in the list of wallets.
Click on it.
And below you will see instructions for adding a card to Google Pay.

That is, you can pay with this card in stores and terminals, and not only in online stores! The only drawback is that there is no cashback.

Advantages and disadvantages of WebMoney. Personal experience of use​

I have been using the WebMoney wallet for a long time, for 5 years (from the moment I started making money on the Internet). This wallet never let me down - payments were rarely delayed, there were no break-ins. Surprisingly, even at the age of 15, I managed to easily replenish my wallet, since even in a small town there were terminals and ATMs with the WebMoney replenishment function.
I am now 21 years old and I am still an active user of the wallet. I mainly use it as a salary - I get money from work on the Internet and transfer it to Yandex, and from there I withdraw from an ATM.
I would like to highlight the advantages and disadvantages of the system that I have noted.

Advantages:
  • The main plus is internationality. WebMoney is an international system, and in this it fully justifies itself. I mean the abundance of currencies with which you can operate.

A couple of simple examples when I needed dollars. For a while, I made money on YouTube through the Air affiliate program, which paid out rewards in dollars. And, of course, only for WMZ.
The second example is an order from foreign stores. Some of them only accept dollars.
  • Simplicity. WebMoney is really convenient to use - all the necessary information is displayed on one page. Payment in stores is also straightforward;
  • Reliability. As you remember, to identify the wallet, you need to upload passport scans. This may seem dangerous to many, but for several years my account has not been hacked, and even more so there have been no database leaks in the system.
  • Prevalence. WebMoney has its roots in many countries, and therefore in almost all online stores you can pay using this wallet.
  • A wide range of services. You can pay utility bills, traffic fines, food, air tickets and much more.
  • Fair exchange rate. As we have seen in one of the points of the article, WebMoney does not overstate the rate when exchanging currencies.

Flaws:
  • Many scammers start using WebMoney , as this system is easy to use;
  • Blocking wallets. Personally, I have not come across this, but I learned from the Internet that WebMoney is merciless in this matter. If the wallet is blocked - 80% that you will not receive it back;
  • The need to provide passport data. Without obtaining a formal certificate, you will not be able to use all the functionality of the service. For some, this will be a reason not to use WebMoney, but, again, there is nothing dangerous in this.
  • Difficulty restoring access in case of loss of any data . For example, if you lost the SIM card to which your wallet is linked, along with it you lose access to using your money. To change the linked number in this case, you need to come personally to the WebMoney office (and they are not available in all even large cities). Or you will need a notarized statement, which must be sent by regular mail (not e-mail). Notary services are paid (signature certification - about a thousand rubles), in addition, all this takes a lot of time.

Question answer​

WMZ (vmz) what is this currency
Dollars.
Webmoney Transfer what is it
Webmoney (webmoney) is the abbreviated name of the entire system, which is fixed in the linguistic use of Internet users. Webmoney Transfer is the full name of the webmoney system, in which all monetary transactions and user protection take place. Just pronouncing two words is more difficult than one, which is why people usually use short web money.
The specified parameters do not correspond to the member of the wmid system - I am trying to withdraw money through the exchanger, but when filling out the form, I get such an error, what am I doing wrong?
This error most likely indicates that you made a mistake when entering data or indicate someone else's data. If you withdraw money to a card, then the card data must match your full name in the webmoney system.
What can be paid using webmoney in Russia?
Yes, practically everything. Telephone, internet, housing and communal services, taxes, fines. And if you issue a virtual card and link it to Google Pay, Apple Pay or any other contactless payment system, you can make purchases in cafes, restaurants, regular stores. In general, wherever a bank terminal is installed.

Conclusion​

You will definitely need WebMoney if you decide to make money on the Internet and work remotely. WebMoney is one of the most popular electronic money systems. Competition it up only Yandex Money and in some moments POISON provides more favorable conditions, for example, can each month to cash without commissions 10,000 rubles. at any ATM, as well as issue a plastic card that can be used to pay in shops, cafes and receive cashback for it.
In ordinary life, a WebMoney wallet is not so necessary. It is more profitable to pay for purchases on the Internet and in ordinary stores with bank cards with cashback. Also, I have always disliked the complexity of the system. Nevertheless, the e-wallet is absolutely free, so its presence will not be superfluous.