I accidentaly reformatted my truecrypt usb drive

lewisoliver

Reaction score
hi everyone i need some help if you can.

when i loaded my computer today, i accidentally saw the reformat box for the usb drive which is truecrpyted and click quick format by accident and it had all my info on it, i havent got any restore files, and i really need help recovering it back.

i tried loading it from truecrypt its got the wrong password and i dont know what to do to try and restore it??

cocktail

Professional
Reaction score
Data is gone, there is no way to recover. Otherwise cops would be laughing at true crypt when they see it.
Datas are lost, you could try recuva, but small chances

lewisoliver

Reaction score
I have managed to go on to tools and restore volume header- it accepted my password now but says that:

The volume doesn't contain a recognized file system
Please ensure that all file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted

is there anything i can do to recover files now?

scorpyo

UNRESOLVED PROBLEMS
Reaction score
bro )
at the most, you have protected yourself from possible raid )
bad of this, you lose your work )

sometime starting over is not as bad. but sorry for your loses

pocoy0

Professional
Reaction score
from now on try to discipline yourself and make a backup of your truecrypt container weekly... it saved my life a few times already...

lewisoliver

Reaction score
thanks for the advice i will definitely will not make this mistake and i will back up on another 2 usbs every 7 days

mrxsailor1

Professional
Reaction score
I used testdisk to recover my 1gb truecrypt container on my hdd and I was successful. But I didn't accidently format my hdd, the boot sector got corrupted and I couldn't boot into windows at all or browse the files from another computer. Cant you try testdisk? Its a very powerful tool for data recovery, Also forget any data recovery tool with a gui, testdisk is second to none.

epicgodz

Professional
Reaction score
Also you can turn that notification off asking you to format every time you plug your USB PayPal in the computer